Skye is a South African business owned by the Peer family through the LA Group of companies. Skye is a fashion brand distribution business that distributes both international and well-established in-house brands through South and Sub Saharan Africa for more than 50 years. The merchandise fashion assortment ranges from footwear to apparel to accessories and is supplemented by an experienced team that is comprised of design, sourcing, sales, marketing and distribution professionals.
To make branded fashion accessible at good quality and prices to the people of South and Sub Saharan Africa.
To be the largest and most respected branded fashion distribution business in South and Sub Saharan Africa.
Corporate Social Responsibility
- In an effort to protect the consumer and the environment, we strive to continuously improve our manufacturing policies and processes.
- Working with factories to be environmentally responsible i.e. in waste elimination, energy efficiency.
- Ensure that employees are being treated with dignity and respect, and that they work in a safe and healthy environment.
- Factories monitored for social compliance and product safety.
- Skye uses AQL ZERO based acceptance sampling to maintain product integrity.
- All manufacturing facilities are audited to maintain social compliance and sustainability levels.
- Skye partners with factories to achieve social compliance, product safety, regulatory compliance and quality standards.
- We participate in various community upliftment programmes.
Our three Business Units, focusing on Converse together with Haddad brands, Dickies and Emerging brands – (including Samson, Mille and Brentwood), manage every element of the brands, from QA to marketing.
- Products are sourced globally and locally
- Strategic alliances established with key manufacturing partners.
- Capacity to grow and develop additional factories with increased production.
- Skye’s Quality Control team insures that all products are thoroughly tested and represent global safety standards.
- Skye Uses AQL ZERO based acceptance sampling to maintain product integrity.
- Partners with factories to achieve social compliance, product safety, regulatory compliance and quality standards.
- Where necessary factory compliance is validated through SGS and Intertek.
- Successfully distributed the Converse and Dickies international brands for more than 20 years.
- Call Centre to address all ordering, tracking and information inquires.
- Financially sound, enabling a credit offering to retailers that qualify.
- Experience in distributing international and in-house fashion brands.
- Product distribution density in excess of 2500 retail doors.
- Distribution footprint into Sub-Saharan Africa.
- World-class state of the art distribution facility.
- DC and administrative offices centrally situated for easy access.
- Inherent understanding of the import/export business thus expediting transactions.
- Dedicated key account managers and sales force.
- Fundamental understanding of go-to-market strategies and brand segmentation.
- Always on the lookout for new business and brand opportunities.